So, my longest running BFF called me the other day. We’ve been friends for more than half our lives now. In fact, she was my very first reader and I listed her in the dedication for SoloPlay.
BFF: Okay, I’m just going to ask this. Do you really have as much sex as it seems like you do, and if so, how? Because I’m exhausted after I put the kids to bed, and you have more kids than I do.
My life is complicated. I’m a mother, a teacher, a writer. I work hard, sometimes too hard, but I don’t want to lose the sexy in my life. I want to grow up and be a hot old lady, but sometimes I get tired and my fantasies revolve around zzzzzzzzzzzzzs. Here are my top five tips for bringing the sexy when you’re sleepy:
1. Don’t lie down. Seriously, do it in a chair. Or standing up. Somewhere that doesn’t have a pillow. Because pillows
feel good. So does a blanket. Then it’s Turn off the light, darling. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. It’s much harder to nod off in a chair. If you can go to sleep standing up or in a chair, you probably should not be having sex. Go to bed and live to sex another day.
2. Get a jump start from your partner. Would you rather fall asleep during the deed or would you rather say: Sweetie, I’m gonna need a jump start tonight. The cables are in the drawer. (Cables=Vibrator. Or whatever.)
3. Start the party by yourself. Sometimes the hardest part is getting (un)dressed and getting out the door. Once you actually get there, you have a really good time and you are glad you went. So…start the party and then invite a guest.
4. Have a drink. Or don’t. Whichever works for you.
5. And my number one tip for how to bring the sexy is…read erotic romances. (Seriously. Not a plug for my novellas.) But not for more than 15-20 minutes. More than that and you might get too into the story. The story will wait for you. The person downstairs getting impatient ’cause s/he thought it was on and s/he hears you flipping a hundred plus pages? Not so much.
It’s no secret that I like the sexy, and now you know what I told my BFF. I hope some of my tried and true tips are helpful to you, too. Feel free to let me know how the chair works out! 😉